[jcifs] jcifs-0.7.3 released

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Wed Feb 12 17:42:06 EST 2003

I have made a change to the SmbSession.logon() method behavior. It will no longer permit an
incorrect password to obtain a session already established by another user. This does not
mean it will check the domain controller each time however which is critical to performance.
It compares the passwords or password hashes if they were supplied externally (via NTLM
HTTP Authentication). The bottom line is that SmbSession.logon() will *always* throw an
exception if bad credentials are supplied. See CHANGES.txt for details.

I would greatly appreciate feedback about this was a critical change to the jcifs.smb core.

You will need to retrieve the files here as the site will be down for a while after a disk failure.

  http://users.erols.com/mballen/jcifs/