[jcifs] REPOST: Problem with Ntlm Http Authentication

Rupesh Kumar rupesh.kumar at blr.techspan.com
Wed Feb 12 05:06:57 EST 2003

Hi Mike,
How can I get the packet traces?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael B. Allen [mailto:miallen at eskimo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 11:39 PM
To: Rupesh Kumar
Cc: jcifs at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: [jcifs] REPOST: Problem with Ntlm Http Authentication

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:16:16 +0530
Rupesh Kumar <rupesh.kumar at blr.techspan.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Has anyone tried the NtlmHttpAuthExample servlet after setting the
Security
> option for MSIE to "prompt for username and password". When the dialog box
> pops up I enter a fake username and password. The NtlmHttpFilter
> authenticates and I can view the generated page with this fake username
and
> password!!
> I am starting with a new browser window so any previous sessions are
closed.

> I must be missing something crucial but can't figure out what.

I am not aware of such a problem. I explained one possible scenario in
response to you question previously. Again we would still need pcaket
traces to determine what the problem is definitively.

--
A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are