[jcifs] Character Set discussions

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Sat Feb 8 04:58:00 EST 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 06:15:20AM -0500, Glass, Eric wrote:
:
:
> UNescape characters, however; if you are given:
>
> smb://svr/slovak/m%C3%B4%C5%BEem/jes%C5%A5/sklo/nezran%C3%AD/ma.zip
>
> that is a valid URL, and should work.  This would be especially important

I need, for my own sake, to go back over something that I think we covered
earlier.  In the above case, using escapes, the software that converts the
escaped string into internal format needs to know which encoding to use.

If I recall correctly, the standard is (or is planned to be) UTF-8, yes?

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org