[jcifs] share name length,

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Fri Feb 7 15:27:54 EST 2003

>From the readDataWireFormat method of the NetShareEnumResponse
class you'll see that readString is passed a character limit of 13:

  http://jcifs.samba.org/src/src/jcifs/smb/NetShareEnumResponse.java

This is a limitation in the Remote Administration Protocol (RAP) which
returns share information in the netname member of the share_info_1 structure:

  ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/drg/CIFS/cifsrap2.doc

Mike