[jcifs] jcifs & Tomcat & Struts

Andrew Stevens andrew.stevens at gsjbw.com
Thu Dec 4 00:35:50 GMT 2003

Hi there, I was very impressed to stumble across jcifs. I was so excited, I
did a little dance.

I have configured Tomcat with the jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter, and it is
working beautifully.
However, my knowledge of Tomcat 'filters' is not extensive. I have search
for further info on this, but maybe it's just best to ask.

What I want to do:
*	NTLM Authentication via the filter.
*	Pass details in to our existing security model (create sessions
roles etc) - note we do not sue the Tomcat Security stuff.
*	Page is then executed using the Struts Action Servlet.

Can some one give me some pointers on how I get user information (username
etc) that was checked during the filter phase so it can be used in our
Struts Security plug in.

Maybe I'll say that again: How do I access any objects created in Filters
into something running in a following Servlet context?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Cheers,
AS

GOLDMAN SACHS JBWERE PTY LTD DISCLAIMER

Goldman Sachs JBWere Pty Ltd and its related entities distributing this document and each of their respective directors, officers and agents ("the Goldman Sachs JBWere Group") believe that the information contained in this document is correct and that any estimates, opinions, conclusions or recommendations contained in this document are reasonably held or made as at the time of compilation.  However, no warranty is made as to the accuracy or reliability of any estimates, opinions, conclusions, recommendations (which may change without notice) or other information contained in this document and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Goldman Sachs JBWere Group disclaims all liability and responsibility for any direct or indirect loss or damage which may be suffered by any recipient through relying on anything contained or omitted from this document.

Goldman Sachs JBWere does not represent or warrant the attached files are free from computer viruses or other defects.  The attached files are provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from use.