AW: [jcifs] jcifs.smb.SmbException: No description available[ERRSRV/90] - 15 Minutes per day

Paul Gutenbrunner pagu at pagu.at
Tue Aug 26 07:12:40 EST 2003

we also don't have a test-environment in which we can produce hundreds of
accounts. during the test-phase, this error hasn't occured, and we cannot
use the production environment for testing...

how can multiplexing be disabled? is there a possibility to determine how
many
sessions are multiplexed over the same socket?

> Having said that, ideally if you're using HTTP GET requests and the
> NtlmPasswordAuthentication object (NPA) is being cached in the session
> properly the Filter sets jcifs.smb.client.soTimeout to 10 minutes. Meaning
> someone would have to log in every 10 minutes to keep the client from
> closing the transport and releasing all sessions over it. So in theory you
> should be able to handle more than 150 users at a time provided there is
> an occasional 10 minute period between logins so that the transport is
> dropped and users get by on the cached NPA in the HttpSession.
>
> If you could tell me more details taking into consideration the above
> perhaps I can tell you what the ideal solution is or make a change that
> will  make this smoother.

here are a few more facts which could be helpfull:
- during the 15 minutes "error-window", there are many successfull
smb-logons.
  why do they succeed while others fail?

- if a user gets the errsrv/90 error, a simple reload in the browser is
enough
  to get the things working.

- after the 15 minutes "error-window", the application works perfectly
(until
  the next "error-window" in the afternoon), with hundreds and thousands of
  additional authentications.

paul