[jcifs] HTTPS NTLM Authentication via Tomcat 4.1 over APache2 Proxy

reto.wehrli at switzerland.org reto.wehrli at switzerland.org
Mon Aug 25 21:05:00 EST 2003

Hi

Following strange behavior:

IE 6 Client - Apache HTTP(S) Proxy - Tomcat 4.1 Servlet

If I do a HTTP Request the ntlm Authentication works well. If I do the Request via HTTPS it seems that the IE sends several times the 1st and the 2nd message but never the trd. one. If I use the Mozilla 1.4 to do the HTTPS Request and I fill out the Popup everything works well.

The Apache2 Proxy terminates the HTTPS Connection and forwards the request towards the Tomcat as HTTP Request.

Does anybody have an idea why this is not working?

Thanks Reto