[jcifs] Problems connecting to a NamedPipe

Jorg Schorr Jorg.Schorr at ctp.com
Fri Aug 22 22:24:57 EST 2003

Hello,
I need to connect to a named pipe of a program running as a windows service and I am getting the following error:

Pipe Test
writing 16 bytes
août 22 14:20:17.969 - exception reading from socket input: 0.0.0.0<00>/XXX.YYY.ZZZ.AAA
java.net.SocketException: socket closed (code=10004)
 at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
 at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:113)
 at jcifs.netbios.SessionServicePacket.readPacketType(SessionServicePacket.java:68)
 at jcifs.netbios.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:73)
 at jcifs.netbios.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:39)
 at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:83)
 at java.io.PushbackInputStream.read(PushbackInputStream.java:137)
 at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.run(SmbTransport.java:304)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:512)
jcifs.smb.SmbException: Timeout waiting for response from server. 0.0.0.0<00>/XXX.YYY.ZZZ.AAA
 at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.sendTransaction(SmbTransport.java:618)
 at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sendTransaction(SmbSession.java:95)
 at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.sendTransaction(SmbTree.java:66)
 at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.sendTransaction(SmbFile.java:526)
 at jcifs.smb.TransactNamedPipeOutputStream.write(TransactNamedPipeOutputStream.java:52)
 at PipeTest.main(PipeTest.java:42)

I do not have acces to the C++ sources of the windows service. However I have the pipe creation parameters and wrote a litte program that I tested on the same machine as the windows service. With this pipe my Java code executed correctly.

Any help, advice, etc. will be more than welcome,
Jörg

PS. my Java code is based on an example found on the jCIFS website.