[jcifs] Problem with NTLM HTTP Auth Filter (NT4.0 IE5.5 JBoss 3.2.1 /Tomcat 4.1.24 Jcifs 0.7.11

James-Vincent Brady james-vincent.brady at etb-ag.com
Wed Aug 13 20:37:55 EST 2003

Hi all,
    I have run into problems trying to use jCIFS and can not find any similar listed in the lists. I wonder if somebody has seen a similar problem.
   The server comes up OK but if I try to invoke a protected page via IE I get the following error:

09:09:11,992 ERROR [Engine] StandardWrapperValve[default]: Servlet.service() for servlet default threw exception
                     java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: setAttribute: Non-serializable attribute
      at org.jboss.web.catalina.session.ClusteredSession.setAttribute(ClusteredSession.java:1159)
      at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade.setAttribute(StandardSessionFacade.java:191)
      at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade.setAttribute(StandardSessionFacade.java:191)
      at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:132)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:213)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)

Does anybody have an idea what I should do to solve this? Could it be due to an incorrect server address in the filter parameters for instance (I guessed a bit)?

Jim Brady