[jcifs] NTLM Question?

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Sat Aug 9 19:07:11 EST 2003

> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to use the NTLM authentication in jCIFS. I configured
> "jcifs.http.domainController" to machine "foo". Using IE I send the user
> domain as "bar" will valid user credentials. The authentication succeeds.
> Does this mean that domain controller "foo" is doing the authentication on
> behalf of domain "bar" for the supplied credentials.

I'm not really sure actually. If the two domains are in a trust
relationship they might replicate their SAM database or something like
that. But for all I know cross domain replication might not happen at all
in which case the user of domain bar will simply be authenticated by the
domain controller for bar on behalf of the foo domain controller
specified.

Any windows domain guru's out there know the answer?