[jcifs] Problem with NTLM HTTP Auth Filter

Eric Jesus eric.jesus at billback.com
Wed Aug 6 08:26:48 EST 2003

Hi,

We are using Apache Tomcat 4.1.12, Java Servlets written for J2RE 1.4.1.2 and JCFIS 0.7.11.

We have been experimenting with the JCIFS NTLM HTTP Auth Filter to validate users that go to our web application, the problem is when we try to filter in only a few of the Servlet's for use with JCIFS NTLM HTTP, if we do so the rest fail but the one's that are using the filter are ok, if we then remove the JCIFS filter-mapping in web.xml things return to normal.

We really only need and want one of the pages to use NTLM HTTP, the rest don't need it and some can't be treated that way for other reasons.

What we have come up with as the problem is when a servlet is filter-mapped to use JCIFS the request object contains the details passed to the servlet, if we remove the servlet from the filter-mapping while another servlet is still mapped those same values become null, if we remove the filter mappings all together all pages work properly again. It only happens when we filter-map less than all servlets, the ones that aren't included will fail to work properly, if when then include one that has failed, that page will then start to work.

Any ideas of what can be done to work around this? Or maybe some ideas of what I can check?

Eric