[jcifs] java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

tom berger tom at lshift.net
Wed Apr 16 21:59:46 EST 2003

Hi,

I am using jcifs to authenticate web users against a domain controller.
This functionality is wrapped in an Apache Tomcat Realm, and is
available free at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/ntdcrealm/

SmbSession.logon(machine, ntlm_auth) works fine for me when using an NT4
domain controller, but when I try to use a windows 2000 server, i get
the following exception :

	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
	at
jcifs.netbios.SessionServicePacket.readPacketType(SessionServicePacket.java:68)
	at jcifs.netbios.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:73)
	at jcifs.netbios.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:39)
	at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:66)
	at java.io.PushbackInputStream.read(PushbackInputStream.java:120)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.run(SmbTransport.java:304)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Any ideas?

tom