[jcifs] Problem reading multiple writes from named pipe

Michael B.Allen miallen at ioplex.com
Wed Apr 16 05:15:28 EST 2003

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 23:41:02 -0400
"Allen, Michael B (RSCH)" <Michael_B_Allen at ml.com> wrote:

> > From:	Eric Sword [SMTP:ericsword at grouplogic.com]
> >
> > >pipe_project \\.\pipe\foo /M 0x80000003 /P 0x6
> >
> 	I don't think you can do this Eric. Before I believe I mentioned
> 	PIPE_TYPE_CALL would not work with separate write. The
> 	above flags would create a transact named pipe. I'm surprised
> 	this server works with PipeTalk. If you want to use
> 	PIPE_TYPE_CALL or PIPE_TYPE_TRANSACT I beleive you
> 	must issue your message in one buffer. If you want to use

Actually, on second thought, I believe PIPE_TYPE_TRANSACT should be able
to receive from multiple writes. PIPE_TYPE_CALL definately cannot. I'll
look closer at this and get back to you. In the meantime, if it doesn't
matter to you, you can use the regular file IO style pipe.

A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are
conceptually  similar and, more important, to tasks that have not
yet been conceived.