[jcifs] jCIFS and jBoss?

eglass1 at attbi.com eglass1 at attbi.com
Tue Apr 15 02:51:47 EST 2003

It's a bit of a loaded question; JBoss is capable of running under various
servlet containers.  Whether the NTLM filter will work is dependent on the
support provided by the container.  Any Servlet 2.3-compatible container should
(in theory) work.  I've never really messed around with JBoss, so I'm not sure
how true that holds in practice.  Looking at the sourceforge site for JBoss
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/jboss), it appears that it can be used with
both 2.2 and 2.3 Servlet containers.  Filter support was added in the Servlet
2.3 spec, so the NTLM filter won't work with 2.2 containers.

Also, it is technically not Sun Certified (there is a big ongoing controversy
surrounding this).  From what I have heard, however, it is fully compliant; the
JBoss folks just haven't had the resources or inclination to cough up the hefty
certification test fees required by Sun.

Eric