[jcifs] What will happen after wins server restart?

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue Apr 8 11:51:02 EST 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 09:28:27AM +0800, Pizer Chen wrote:
> Hello, Gurus
>

> I used NTLM http filter here.
> I found that when wins server restarted, the applications used NTLM http
> filter could not be accessed.

Well, first off...  If you are using a Windows WINS server for name
resolution and then you restart WINS, it will lose its database and won't
be able to resolve names.  If it can't resolve a name to an IP address,
then the jCIFS client software won't be able to find the server it needs.

Second...  Why do you have your WINS address set to "*.*.*.*"?

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org