[jcifs] no name with type 0x00 with no scope for host.... rev isted

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Tue Apr 8 09:54:58 EST 2003

Please send all messages to the jcifs mailing list.

	This sounds like the initial name query is failing and polluting the name
	service cache with a negative response but then finding the name using
	DNS. On subsequent attempts it finds the name in the name service cache
	as negative and gives up. The name service code is supposed to avoid this
	problem. Which version of JCIFS are you using? I don't think 0.6.8 handles
	this situation correctly. Try setting resolveOrder=DNS. If that fixes the
	problem than it's a bug in JCIFS or you're using 0.6.x.