[jcifs] jcifs-0.6.6 released

Michael B. Allen miallen at eskimo.com
Thu Sep 26 17:52:55 EST 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:53:53 -0400
"Allen, Michael B (RSCH)" <Michael_B_Allen at ml.com> wrote:

> Damn. That's 3 bugs. I'll fix these now. Pls hold.

Unfortunately  I  cannot  fix  this  in  0.6. I did not realize that the
Handler   was  so  neglected.  It  is  clearly  not  going  to  work  in  a
multithreaded  environment.  The  SMB  URL  code  will  really  have  to be
remodeled  around  the  Java  URL  class. I believe I tried that before and
recall it was troubled.

Anyway, I have applied the Win2K patch and thus 0.6.6. The '@' bug remains.
It's  just  too  dangerous to try and fix it in 0.6. I think if you compose
all  SmbFiles  with the two parameter constructor and pass the smb://server
and   share/me at beach/file   parameters   separately   you're   gold.   Most
applications larger than a cron job do that anyway and they can use 0.7.

What a shame. I had high hopes for 0.6.

--
A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are