[jcifs] Why I can not retrieve password from NtlmPasswordAuth entication?

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Tue Oct 29 13:14:41 EST 2002

getPassword will return null if a password was not provided to begin with or if
NTLM SSP is being used to negotiate password hashes. Just to be clear, you
know that you cannot extract someones password from the SAM database or
something like that. The password returned by getPassword is only what was
put in using an NtlmPasswordAuthentication constructor or decoded from the
authority component of an SMB URL.