[jcifs] RE: copyTo method

Michael B. Allen miallen at eskimo.com
Sun Oct 27 15:15:45 EST 2002

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 21:36:31 -0400
"Sujit Jagdev" <sujit.jagdev at casero.com> wrote:

> Thanks for replying.
> I am using jcifs version 0.7.0b3.
> Sujit

I  noticed  a  serious  concurrency issue with copyTo yesterday but I'm not
sure  if  it goes back to 0.7.0b3. How hard is it to reproduce the problem?
The  examples/Torture1.java  uses  copyTo  and  then  traverses  every file
comparing  things  (size for one) and 0.7.0b6 passes right now. Perhaps you
can  get  that  program  to  trip  up more reliably? Are you using multiple
threads  to do copies? Are you copying over old files? What are you copying
from/to?  Is  it  across  hosts  or just shares etc? If hosts, what are the
servers (e.g. Win98 <--> Samba?).

I  will  have  a  new  jar  with the concurrency fix tommarrow (~10pm NYT).
Perhaps you can try that.

--
A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are