[jcifs] Java implementation of server

Serge Knystautas sergek at lokitech.com
Sun Oct 6 11:22:10 EST 2002

Well, basically I want to have a virtual file system exposed to people over
smb/cifs.  Mind you this is mostly theoretical and just stuff to do as a
hobby for now.  I've got a content management system that I'd like to let
our employees browse, and while webfolders are now available and let me do
that, it would be even nicer (in my opinion) if we could just browse them
with cifs shares.  More recently, I've been thinking about a backup system.
As a feature of the retrieval process, there would be these dynamic
read-only shares, and when you browse to that share, some java code would
run to decompress, unencrypt, and reconstruct a bunch of deltas to make the
complete file that was backed up.

Anyway, but in a nutshell, let me use java code to serve virtual folders and
files.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/