[jcifs] Java implementation of server

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Sun Oct 6 10:32:19 EST 2002

> Serge Knystautas wrote:
>
> Are there any implementations in Java of a CIFS server?  I've seen JLAN
> (a bit pricey for me), but don't know if anybody has written anything
> open source.  I couldn't find anything on the listserv, and google only
> found an email back in '99 on the topic.  Any good leads?

Plain text is good.

Regarding Java-based SMB servers...  I have not heard of any other than
jLAN.

A lot depends on what you are trying to accomplish, however.  If you want a
server, then Samba is probably your best bet.  If you want to integrate SMB
services into web pages, then you might find that an SMB server is not what
you really need.

Explain your goals and perhaps we'll be able to be of more help.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org