[jcifs] NTLM Standalone Authentication

Joseph Kezar jkezar at romz.no-ip.com
Tue Oct 1 03:36:52 EST 2002

Thanks Eric!
    That worked great for our needs.  I am curious why the API tells
developers to avoid using the class SmbSession.
And why does the API documentation say this: "This class will be hidden
from the distribution API documentation at some time in the future. "?

Is jCIFS mainly for tomcat/resin support?  I write alot of standalone
applications that require some sort of password authtication(against a
PDC) and this seems to do the trick.