[jcifs] ServerEnum2 Problems on smb:// scan

Matthew Tippett matthew at casero.com
Thu Nov 28 01:41:37 EST 2002

Hello,

I originally sent this email with two network traces attached.  This is
larger than the unmoderated limit, so I am posting again sans
attachments and will place the attachments at

	http://www.technology-forum.org/cifs-winme.pcap
	http://www.technology-forum.org/cifs-winme-good.pcap

Calling SmbFile("smb://").listFiles() has some funny behaviour on our
system.  I have done some initial debugging and will report more as I
find it.

The first scan for domains works fine, on subsequent scans the following
exception occurs..

jcifs.smb.SmbException:
GetServerEnum2Response[command=SMB_COM_TRANSACTION,received=true,errorCo
de=0x00000000,flags=0x0098,flags2=0x0001,tid=51202,pid=64459,uid=0,mid=2
59,wordCount=10,byteCount=9,totalParameterCount=8,totalDataCount=0,param
eterCount=8,parameterOffset=55,parameterDisplacement=0,dataCount=0,dataO
ffset=64,dataDisplacement=0,setupCount=0,pad=0,pad1=0,status=2320,conver
ter=0,entriesReturned=0,totalAvailableEntries=45]

The stack dump against 0.7.0b9 is

at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1267)
at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1219)
at
com.casero.eden.service.cifs.CIFSCrawler.listFilesWithAuth(CIFSCrawler.j
ava:196)
at com.casero.eden.service.cifs.CIFSCrawler.scan(CIFSCrawler.java:100)
at com.casero.eden.service.cifs.CIFSCrawler.run(CIFSCrawler.java:67)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

So, have a look, there are a few differences,

     o The first time it does an initial connect with *SMBSERVER
     o The first time it does a Session Setup and X

The exception is thrown because the Server2Enum call has a status of
2320 (which is unknown even to ethereal).

The client machine is Windows ME.

More details tomorrow as I hunt things down...

Regards,

Matthew

-----

The information contained in this message is proprietary of Casero Inc.,
protected from disclosure, and may be privileged. The information is
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s) of the
message. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from
your computer. Thank you.