[jcifs] URL Oddity in 0.7.0b9

Michael B. Allen miallen at eskimo.com
Sat Nov 23 13:45:15 EST 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:58:23 -0600
"Christopher R. Hertel" <crh at ubiqx.mn.org> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I'm doing this:
>
> $ java -DdisablePlainTextPasswords=false Exists \
> > smb://crh:p%40ssword@duplo/tmp
>
> ...and Ethereal is showing me that the password being sent is "p%40ssword".
>
> It seems that something somewhere is not un-escaping the escapes.

True. There is no attempt to decode the URL. This will need to be fixed
however I cannot just run the whole thing through a URLDecoder. I will
have to parse out the escapes in jcifs.smb.Handler.

--
A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are