[jcifs] SmbNamedPipe

Michael B. Allen miallen at eskimo.com
Thu Nov 21 07:12:39 EST 2002

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:46:47 +0100
"Specht, Uwe" <Uwe.Specht at est.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have to ethereal files as attachments. one is the windows file which just
> closes the pipe properly.
> For jcifs my file is much bigger as I have to open a connection do something
> and after doing nothing the connection is closed
> sorry that the files come so late but I had to find a windows test case to
> do this.
> I hope this helps.

There's only 3 frames in Winclient.pcap but I think I know
what the problem is. The TransactNamedPipeInputStream and
TransactNamedPipeOutputStream close() methods are empty! Put a

  pipe.close();

in them and try calling the pipe stream close() methods. I will test and
fix this in 0.6.8 and 0.7.0b9 too but it would be nice if you could try
it and send me another pcap like Jcifsclient.pcap.

--
A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are