[jcifs] using jcifs for retrieving shares

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Thu Nov 14 04:31:25 EST 2002

I don't clearly understand what you are entering.

If it's

  smb://server/

Then you would get a list of shares offered by the server *or* an "access
denied" error.  If you get "access denied", then you need to provide a
username and password.  Some (not all) servers will deny access to the
list of shares if you are not authenticated.  Some servers allow the guest
account to list shares, and others will allow anonymous login.  On the
other hand, some servers require a regular user login before they will
provide the share list.

Chris -)-----