[jcifs] Hmmm... one more query about passwords.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Mon Nov 11 14:25:30 EST 2002

"Allen, Michael B (RSCH)" wrote:

> [...]

It's not a hard and fast rule.  I asked because you often have really good
answers when we're not in sync with the SNIA doc.  In the limited testing
I've been able to do I also see a lot of variation.  Smbclient seems to
include that byte, but I'm not sure yet about how Windows does it.

> >   Is this related to the problem that the
> > Novell folks had?
> >
>         No. But I don't remember the Novell problem exactly. I think
>         there were a couple of problems with Novell.

I remember something about padding... I just don't remember the details.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org