[jcifs] Need some suggestions on the problem I am facing...

Michael Dunston michael.dunston at oracle.com
Fri May 24 04:00:53 EST 2002

Hi all,
	I am new to the list..  So far I have found jcifs to be a great tool to
integrate within the many tools that I maintain and work with on multiple
platforms...  However, in the process of integrating the jcifs URL handler
into Oracle9i JDeveloper (as an extension) I receive the following exception
as soon as i attempt to browse an smb:// url:

Attempting to list elements in: smb://system/share
May 23 10:57:14.661 - exception reading from socket input
java.net.SocketException: Descriptor not a socket: JVM_recv in socket input
stream read
        int java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(byte[], int, int)
                native code
        int java.net.SocketInputStream.read(byte[], int, int)
                SocketInputStream.java:90
        int
jcifs.netbios.SessionServicePacket.readPacketType(java.io.InputStream,
byte[], int)
                SessionServicePacket.java:68
        int jcifs.netbios.SocketInputStream.read(byte[], int, int)
                SocketInputStream.java:73
        int jcifs.netbios.SocketInputStream.read()
                SocketInputStream.java:39
        int java.io.FilterInputStream.read()
                FilterInputStream.java:69
        int java.io.PushbackInputStream.read()
                PushbackInputStream.java:123
        void jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.run()
                SmbTransport.java:303
        void java.lang.Thread.run()
                Thread.java:484
jcifs-jdev shutting down

This is dumped to the console window and in my code I receive a message
about timeout exceeded.  But the above exception is thrown/shown first.

Looking for some help.