[jcifs] Named pipes timeout errors

Simon Wilcox SWilcox at categoric.com
Fri Mar 29 03:23:14 EST 2002

Hi,

I am trying to get the named pipes sample to run on Windows 2000 and am
having some problems with timeouts.

The named pipe is being created fine from the C app but when the java sample
tries to write to the pipe I get the following exception:

writing 65535 bytes
Mar 28 11:59:15.280 - exception reading from socket input
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:96)
        at
jcifs.netbios.SessionServicePacket.readPacketType(SessionServicePacket.java:
68)
        at jcifs.netbios.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:73)
        at jcifs.netbios.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:39)
        at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:69)
        at java.io.PushbackInputStream.read(PushbackInputStream.java:123)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.run(SmbTransport.java:303)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
jcifs.smb.SmbException: Timeout waiting for response from server.
simonw/194.223.2.97
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.sendTransaction(SmbTransport.java:616)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sendTransaction(SmbSession.java:117)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.sendTransaction(SmbTree.java:65)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.sendTransaction(SmbFile.java:470)
        at
jcifs.smb.TransactNamedPipeOutputStream.write(TransactNamedPipeOutputStream.
java:53)
        at CallNamedPipe.main(CallNamedPipe.java:44)
Exception in thread "main"

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Simon Wilcox
Software Engineer
Categoric Software

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) to whom it is
addressed. It may contain information which is privileged and confidential.
Accordingly any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the
Intended Recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible.