[jcifs] Re: Getting jCIFS to work with NetApp

Inggs, Andrew andrew.inggs at thus.net
Fri Mar 22 20:32:27 EST 2002

> From: Michael B Allen
>
> Unfortunately I do not know how to proceed here. I could try asking
> samba-technical but they have never responded to my queries in the
> past. I will probably have to try to contact NetApp but
> that's probably an equally futile exercise; our little Java program
> just doesn't have any market share :~(

Based on what we've seen so far, I think we should assume a NetApp bug,
unless proved otherwise :-).  I did find an email which seems to
suggest that smbclient was having a similar problem at some point:

http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba/1999-October/044182.html

Unfortunately, the author is rather vague about "another issue" that
he says will be fixed in the "next release", whatever that meant in
October 1999.  I'd like to test jCIFS against the latest NetApp
software version, but I don't have access to such a machine at the
moment.

Thanks very much for your help, Michael.  We're going down another
route for the current project, but I'm sure I'll have use for jCIFS in
the future.

Regards,
  Andrew