[jcifs] SmbFileOutputStream

Rupali Bains rupali_bains at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 22 08:56:04 EST 2002

Hello,

    I need to connect to a  remote NT machine and update some files.The share name to that machine is \\DAP11 and the path name is \General\test.ini. Connection to the remote machine is restriced and so I am getting the userid and password from the JSP page.
My config file contains the share and file names as
shName=\\\\DAP11
shFile=\\General\\test.ini

I am creating the smbFile as
String location = "smb://" + userid + ":" + password + "@" + server + "/" + shName + "/" + shFile;

SmbFile smFile = new SmbFile(location);

SmbFileOutputStream sfos =  new SmbFileOutputStream(smFile);

This gives me a "network name cannot be found" error. Can someone please let me know what I am doing wrong? For testing I even tried to hardcode the url to see if I can connect and I get a return code of false for the exists() method but true for isDirectory() method.

Thanks,
Rupali