AW: [jcifs] create directory hierarchy - mkdirs()

Michael B Allen mballen at erols.com
Thu Mar 14 18:44:12 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:13:37 +0100
Klemens.Dickbauer.extern at HVBSystems.com wrote:

> Hi Michael!
>
> so, as i understand you, SmbFile will just support api functions that can be
> directly mapped into the cifs/smb protocol?

No. This is a reasonable api function just as recursively deleting files
and directories with delete() does not directly map into the cifs/smb
protocol. However, I will not blindly accept code without giving it the
thought it is due and unfortunately there are other functions that deserve
more of my attention. Take a look at the SmbURL issue if you would like
to contibute. It's chewable, it's at the top of the list, you can be
reasonably "unknowing of this SMB stuff", and there are quite a few
jCIFS users that would appreciate your correcting the problem for them.