[jcifs] Question about NT Domains

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Wed Jun 5 14:27:26 EST 2002

Not really. There's a RAP function for this but jCIFS doesn't have it built in and it probably wouldn't work
on post-NT Windoze boxes anyway. We'd need DCE/RPC.

Adding the RAP call wouldn't be too hard though. Just copy the NetServerEnum2/NetServerEnum2Response
pair to something like SamOemChangePassword/SamOemChangePasswordResponse.java and change the
parameters to match those discussed on page 32 of this document:

  ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/drg/CIFS/cifsrap2.doc

Then add a static SmbFile.changePassword( String domain, String username, String oldPassword,
String newPassword ) throws SmbException (or something). The meat of it would look a lot like any other
SmbFile method. You would probably need a packet capture of the call so you could compare wire
formats and verify it all worked ok.

Otherwise, wait for DCE/RPC (don't hold your breath) or use Runtime.exec to call smbpasswd from
Samba suite of rundll on some dll I don't know anything about.

Mike