[jcifs] jcifs ntlm

Michael B. Allen miallen at eskimo.com
Tue Jul 30 05:38:23 EST 2002

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:07:52 -0400
"Scott, James (JA)" <JAScott1 at dow.com> wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I was reading through the postings on the samba lists at the information
> listed about NTLM.  I was wondering if any of the code being developed by
> Jason Pugsley that is related to NTLM is going to make it into the code
> base.  I have downloaded 0.6.5 and looked through it but it did not appear
> to me that it is there yet.

I will be looking at IE NTLM auth and Jason's code very soon. It remains to
be  seen  how  the  division  of functionality will be partitioned but I am
confident  that  it will make it in in one form or another. I am hoping one
method  in an SmbToolkit class or similar will suffice that either takes IO
streams  and  performs  the HTTP negotiation itself or a method that simply
takes  a LM hash and returns a state obnject or throws an SmbAuthException.
Does  anyone  know of an extreemly simple servlet engine I can install with
apache?

I think it's clear that the primary use for jCIFS is web services so I will
be  focusing  more  on  functionality that's usefull in this arena. I might
also  distribute  some  CGI  programs  with "Network Explorer" or "Internet
Neighborhood" type components. At work I have a very nice file retrival CGI
with  appropriate  mime  type headers based on a mime.txt map file. I might
even  go  as  far  as  to  provide a jcifs-web.jar that has CGI and Servlet
classes prepared and ready to go.

--
A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are