[jcifs] Very minor oddity testing SmbComTreeConnectAndX.java

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Jul 26 05:58:43 EST 2002

Mike,

I wanted to see what would happen if I turned on the disconnectTID bit in
the TreeConnectAndX, so I set

	boolean disconnectTid = true;

...instead of false.

Later in the code there's this:

                dst[dstIndex++] = (byte)0x00;
                dst[dstIndex++] = disconnectTid ? (byte)0x01 : (byte)0x00;

I think the order of those two lines needs to be reversed.  The result is
showing up on the wire as 0x0001.

Chris -)-----

PS.  As far as I can tell W/95 ignores that bit in a TreeConnect... which
     makes sense.  Why would there be a disconnect bit in a tree connect
     request?  Am I missing something or is this just silliness in the
     SMB?

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org