[jcifs] SMB URL

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Wed Jul 10 08:55:48 EST 2002

	That's not what I said. You're pushing the complexity into the *serialization
	routines*. The problem is that your escaping technique is not robust to
	frequent reserialization. If you export an unescaped server name it may not
	represent the target anymore. Implementors would have to take great care not
	to export an unescaped URL *ever*. This has nothing to do with specific fields
	or how you parse the URL.