[jcifs] Timeout under load

Rob Wygand rob at filefish.com
Sat Jan 19 10:02:13 EST 2002

Mike,

Using beta4 (which admittedly I should upgrade, but I cannot at the
moment) I'm seeing an odd exception under load.  If I load our server up
with simulated users and have them continually perform actions for say,
20 minutes or more, I will eventually see this exception:  Exception
listing file: Timeout waiting for response from server.
0.0.0.0<00>/10.1.3.202. The error class is 0x20 and the error code is 5000.

Samba is still running on the machine in question, and I can access it
just fine using smbfs or smbclient, so it's definetly something on the
client side. Also, once this exception occurs, that jCIFS no longer
works -- it continues to report the same exception even though the
server is running.

Was/is this a known issue? If not, any thoughts on what might be causing it?
rjw