[jcifs] a bug

Dmitry Krasnikov duke at land81.nsu.ru
Tue Jan 15 07:21:46 EST 2002

sorry, this message probably duplicates my previous bug report but i have
written this message long time ago and simply couldn't send it at time...
here is detail stacktrace for bug on 0.6b8 (pure b8 taken from jar
classfile)

Hello guys.

I think i found a bug.
When i have downloaded jCIFS first time it was 0.6b5 version. I've tried
to use it to list dirs, containing upper-127 characters in name and came
to a strange bug - we could get dir listing using listFiles() and we could
get file names but exception was thrown when we tried to get size of
files... I came to site and discovered that 0.6b8 was out with description
of my bug. Then i downloaded it and ... everything was ok, untill i've
tried to get listing of other russian-named directory.
i' ve got very strange bug:

 getting contents of
smb://ws161.land7.nsu.ru/Video/%ED%D5%CC%D8%D4%C9%CB%C9/
listing getted
parsing 0
parsing 1
янв 14 20:14:33.645 - exception reading from socket input
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:84)
        at
jcifs.netbios.SessionServicePacket.readPacketType(SessionServicePacket.java:68)
        at jcifs.netbios.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:73)
        at jcifs.netbios.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:39)
        at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java)
        at java.io.PushbackInputStream.read(PushbackInputStream.java)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.run(SmbTransport.java:308)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

parsing 0,parsing 1 ment that program got listFiles() array and parsed
getName() strings (or how it will be)

looking for fixes i have changed SmbTransport class to 0.6b5 version and
everything worked fine even my troubles with urlencoded russian characters
disappeared... but i'
i hope that helps you.

WBR, Dmitry.

=[mailto:mainpart at chat.ru]=[mailto:mainpart at mail.ru]=[ICQ:75279462]=