[jcifs] Setting Timestamp of Files

Michael B Allen mballen at erols.com
Thu Jan 10 21:35:06 EST 2002

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:48:01 +0100
Klemens.Dickbauer.extern at HVBSystems.com wrote:

> Hi!
>
> i want to copy files from the local filesystems to a smb share and use the
> jCIFS stream classes for this. unfortunately it would be necessary to
> preserve the timestamp of the originial file as well for the new copy on the
> net. 'jcifs.smb.File' (or XFile respectively) does not support a method to
> set creation/modification date in an explicit way.
> so, is this considered an unwanted feature?

You're the first to ask.

> has somebody suggestions how to deal with that problem?

The solution is to add setLastModified( long date ) or copyTo( SmbFile
file ) or both. Unfortunately we're in the middle of what has turned
out to be an unually long and troublesome beta cycle. After 0.6 is out
the door I'll propbably disappear for 3 months.

But new commands are not that hard to add if you're ok with wading
through hexdumps and handy with ethereal.

--
May The Source be with you.