[jcifs] no name with type 0x00 with no scope for host

Michael B Allen mballen at erols.com
Fri Feb 22 07:43:29 EST 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 01:31:34 -0600
"Christopher R. Hertel" <crh at ubiqx.org> wrote:

> I tried changing the last byte to <20> in the outgoing packet and... no
> response.  That's what I'd expect.

Whoops. I think you're right. I just did a preliminary test with jCIFS
and it always uses 0x00 even if you specify another hexCode. I must have
ran into this a while ago and casted that to 0x00. What's worse is that
the getAllByAddress methods do not check for this name and just return
whatever addresses were returned in the node status. Not a big deal
because it's a pretty obscure case but I guess it should be fixed.