[jcifs] no name with type 0x00 with no scope for host

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.org
Wed Feb 20 15:22:00 EST 2002

ashish wrote:
:
> But I forgot to tell one important point... this machine is a "dialup
> machine".

Now I am really confused.

If the machine is a dial-up machine, then my guess is that NetBIOS is not
bound to the dial-up interface.  In that case, you should get an exception
(though I have no idea why it would complain about not having the <00>
name).

...but, then you say that nbtstat -A works.     !?

Are you using nbtstat -A across the dial-up connection as well, or is that
being run on a different machine?

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org