[jcifs] Russian characters.

Christopher R.Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Sat Feb 16 04:14:57 EST 2002

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 05:33:25PM +0300, jek wrote:
> I have some problems whis Russian Directories and files it does not
> display correctly. It show strings such as ????? when i use
> FileName=files[i].getName(); whis Russian files and directories!

Two things first:

- Please use a subject line.  We've been having spam trouble lately and I
  almost deleted your message without reading it.

- Please don't use HTML in your E'mail.

Okay, regarding your question...

This is probably a configuration issue.  jCIFS uses the Unicode support
built into Java.  I know that there is some information in the SMB
protocol that is supposed to indicate which character set is being used,
but you would also need to make that character set available to jCIFS.

Anyone else on the list have more information on using Unicode?

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org