FW: [jcifs] Problem reading from named pipe

Michael B Allen mballen at erols.com
Fri Feb 15 19:07:45 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:51:58 -0800
Sean Ryan <sryan at clear-tec.com> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> One last question.  Without the "available()" and "ready()" methods working,
> and without a timeout value specified anywhere, how is one supposed to
> handle a timeout on reading from the named pipe stream?

Good point. It's probably pretty easy to just look at something like
BufferedInputStream.java and do the equivalent of it's available method in
jcifs/smb/TransactNamedPipeInputStream.java (see the used member). But I
wouldn't dare do that right now. We're on the brink of releasing 0.6. If
you do it please be a good LGPL'er and send me a patch :~)

--
May The Source be with you.