[jcifs] Re: SMB Browse and Email Mix Up

The DJ hartman at mac.com
Wed Feb 13 10:50:45 EST 2002

I actually have a very similar tool. I decided not to release it yet,
because it couldn't nicely mount the share. Some of the same problems you
describe. I'm also building some other features into it. It is primarily for
myself, since I'm a very heavy user of smb.

I would like to feature you product on my site
http://xamba.sourceforge.net

I don't think I will continue the work on my program anymore.
My idea was for it to be a handler of the smb:// url type, so I can click on
such in link in IE. So I started with the browsing, but I haven't yet gotten
to the url part. I'm too busy with Samba Sharing Package.

If you want, I can sent you the app, cq sources.

DJ

on 12-02-2002 22:03, Michael B Allen at mballen at erols.com wrote:

> Neat.
>
> Mike
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:15:15 -0500
> <gordon at shukwit.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just wanted to drop you a line and say thanks for creating the jcifs tools. I
>> have been using them in
>> a OSX SMB Browser, that got moving by accident. I created it because OSX does
>> not have the ability
>> currently to Browse SMB/CIFS network shares, but does have the ability mount
>> them. Amazing when
>> you think about it. A friend asked for a copy and the next thing I know is
>> 3000+ people have downloaded
>> it.
>>
>> You can find the SMB Browse on my site at http://shukwit.com/main.php
>>
>> A few bugs to finish, OSX interface programming is very interesting....
>>

>> Thanks again,
>>
>> Gordon
>>
>> gordon at shukwit.com

Universiteit Twente