[jcifs] Wrong CALLING NAME suffix byte value.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Wed Dec 25 16:40:52 EST 2002

Minor problem in 0.7.0b11:

The calling name (the NetBIOS source address) should have a suffix byte
value of 0x00, not 0x20.  The "client service" makes the connection to the
"server service".  It's the server service that runs on 0x20.

The client service is typically named hostname<00>, but it makes sense to
use a false name here since jCIFS is running neither the client service
nor the server service.

This jumped out at me while I was studying some packet captures.  All of
the other NBT Session Requests had the name ending in <00>.  It confused
me at first when I saw <20> since I thought that the order was somehow
wrong.  I expect the <20> in the called name field...

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org