[jcifs] Annoying SMB URL question.

Caldarale, Charles R Chuck.Caldarale at UNISYS.com
Sat Dec 7 02:55:38 EST 2002

> From: Christopher R. Hertel [mailto:crh at ubiqx.mn.org]
> Subject: [jcifs] Annoying SMB URL question.
>
> So, I was fiddling with the SMB URL syntax again...
>
> We currently have:
>
>   smb://nt_dom;user:pass@server/
>
> That works well with general URL syntax, but I think that
> this is more intuitive:
>
>   smb://user:pass@nt_dom;server/

I have to disagree with the assessment of intuitiveness. For those familiar
with using MS networks, the userid is normally specified by
<domain>\<account>. Keeping them in that order on the URL would seem to be
more consistent, even if the separator is different.

 - Chuck