[jcifs] HTTP status 405 - HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL

eglass1 at attbi.com eglass1 at attbi.com
Mon Dec 2 20:37:44 EST 2002

You shouldn't have to override the service method, unless you are doing
something out of the ordinary;  NtlmServlet manages authentication in this
method behind the scenes, then calls the superclass HttpServlet's service
method, which simply calls doGet, doPost, etc. (depending on the request method
currently being serviced).  For "normal" servlets, you just override doGet
and/or doPost, which ends up doing the following:

NtlmServlet.service --> HttpServlet.service --> MyNtlmServlet.doGet

In most cases, NtlmServlet should act as a drop-in replacement for
HttpServlet.  As a simple (and rather boring) example, this should get you
going:

package jcifs.http;

import java.io.*;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

public class MyNtlmServlet extends NtlmServlet {

    protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest request,
            HttpServletResponse response) throws IOException, ServletException {
        response.getWriter().println("Hello.");
    }

}