[jcifs] issue with nbns response

Ashish Nigam ashishn at ntechra.com
Fri Aug 30 04:56:59 EST 2002

Hi,
I was having problem with some windows 95 boxes.
Node status request was failing invariably if i use JCIFS but it went thru
if use nbtstat -A <ip>.
After some dileberation, I decided to look at the difference in packets.
Well, the difference is in destination port value in UDP packet.
And the problem is that destination port in UDP response packet is always
137 for those windows 95 boxes.In most of the cases it is the "unused UDP
source port" of the request and JCIFS used to get thru.

So what can be done for these boxes???? Any ideas...

Thanks,
ashish