[jcifs] NTLM HTTP authentication

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Thu Aug 29 13:52:19 EST 2002

Does anyone know if doFilter is synchronzed? I'm having some serious issues getting
this to work while accessing SMB resources at the same time with NetworkExplorer.
Even without NetworkExplorer, if doFilter is not syncronized this implementation is
somewhat flawed. If the client sent multiple requests with different credentials (not sure
why it would do that but still) the NtlmHttpSession's state may become inconsistent. The
problem with NetworkExplorer is that to access the SMB resource you have to use the
challenge of the target server in the NTLM HTTP password hash negotiation which *does*
result in different credentials (password hashes) and that's seriously mucking up the
NtlmHttpSession. Geeze, I'm going to have to change this all around.