[jcifs] Preserve lastModified TIME

Conrad Minshall conrad at apple.com
Wed Aug 28 17:46:11 EST 2002

At 12:01 AM -0700 8/14/02, Michael B. Allen wrote:

>Chris,
>
>Here's an undocumented factoid for your docs: If LastModified is 0xFFFFFFFF
>the  server  uses  "now". The docs say 0. I don't know if that works but it
>probably doesn't or no windows clients do that or I would have used it.

The MacOSX smb client filesystem uses zero, which appears to work fine with
Microsoft servers.  I expect to change to 0xFFFFFFFF as mimicing observed
Windows packets is prudent.

Is there really supposed to be a server behaviour difference between 0 and
0xFFFFFFFF?  What is the observation (or spec even *grin*) in support of
difference?

--
Conrad Minshall h:408-446-2323 conrad at mac.com / w:408-974-2749
conrad at apple.com